"The pen is the tongue of the mind." -Miguel de Cervantes

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Slice of Life, and Other Bad Puns...

Before my last blog post it felt like I hadn't blogged in ages, so I decided to give you guys an idea of what I've been up to. I value each and every one of the people that follow my blog and those that just drop in from time to time.

Let me tell you this: I should have eloped. I would have maybe, but there is this eight-year-old entity in all women that still wants to be a princess and have a special day. That princess stabbed the sensible/practical part of me in the eye. If I had room I would make another pie chart that compared how much time it takes to plan a wedding to how much time the wedding actually lasts. The truth is sad my friend.

Well, it's all said and done and now I may as well enjoy it. I have an awesome family and a million awesome friends that have helped me plan, cook for, and make arrangements for my perfect day. More than anyone though, I have my mom to thank the most. Thank you mom for sticking with me on this and doing all in your power to give me something you never had. I feel so blessed to have you.

With marriage comes a million other things, like a house, packing a million boxes into said house, and unpacking said boxes in a timely manner. Then you have all the other real world things flying in to kick that spoiled princess off her chair. Like work, and staying up with a sick hubby-to-be in the E.R. two days before Christmas.

Just gotta muddle through as they say. Thanks for listening. I'll try to keep princess in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment