"The pen is the tongue of the mind." -Miguel de Cervantes

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thank Goodness for NaNo!

Sooooo i'm finished. I've completed as much of my manuscript as I could without beta readers. I can't really explain the insanity I felt when I finished the last chapter of my 2nd draft. Elation? Fear? An all consuming curiosity of what comes next? They were all there. So here it is, the waiting game. I've found a few great people to beta my story, and now i'm going to busy myself with another project.

Thank Goodness for NaNo! As most of you know next month is National Novel Writing Month where thousands of writers all over the world will try to complete a 50k word first draft in one month. Lucky for me i've had an idea brewing on the back burner for a year. TRAP is an edgy YA about seventeen-year-old Jen whos only wish in life is to become a drag queen. All I can say is this is going to be a blast. Maybe, maybe, maybe this will keep my mind off GRIMACE for a while.

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing Nano too! Be my write buddy :-D lmpreston is my code name. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, I'm gearing up for Nano as well--going to be a Nano Rebel, though, and add 50K to a WIP I've been working on. It has (EEP!) vampires in it. I know. SO MANY VAMPIRES. But what can you do? ;)

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck, even I have a Vampire idea Shayda so don't feel bad. I just plan on saving it for the future :) Good luck with it!

    LM as so as I make an account i'll be your buddy :D

    ReplyDelete