Lets face it i'm a sucker for music. Most of that music happens to be old so you have been warned. When I have a SNI (shiny new idea) the first thing I do is make a playlist of all the songs that kind of play around that idea and the music pushes me through the first and second draft. This works for some people, others can watch tv, listen to music AND write. Let me just say I envy those people because I have no idea how I would get anything finished if it were more than just music.
So here goes, the playlist.
1. Dancing In the Moonlight- King's Harvest
2. A Day in the Life- The Beatles
3. Wild Child- The Doors
4. I Miss You- Blink 182
5. Abracadabra- Steve Miller Band
6. You Can do Magic- America
7. Into the Night- Benny Mardones (Yep, just wrong but I love this song)
8. Africa- Toto
9. Black is Black- Los Bravos
10. Sealed with a Kiss- Bobby Vinton
11. Sleep Walk- Santo & Johnny
12. Spill the Wine- The Animals
13. Within You- David Bowie
14. Run Through the Jungle- CCR
Like I said. Old music is old but this came up a while back on Absolute Write and it makes a fun blog post. What is your playlist? Post it on your blog and send me a link in the comments to this post. I'm curious to see what other people are into these days.